Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The 10/20/30 Rule of PowerPoint

The TP! Wire Service carried an item about this blog posting earlier in the month and I've been trying to apply it as I work on upcoming presentations. The idea is that a PowerPoint presentation should contain no more than 10 slides, last no longer than 20 minutes, and the font used should be no smaller than 30 point. The 20 minute rule has to do with his environment (investment banking), but the whole idea of being succinct (and not our wordy selves) is an interesting one. At any rate, I thought the posting was worth mentioning here. And I'm struggling with the whole "succinct" thing and trying to cut down the number of slides I use. An interesting challenge!

BTW he (Kawasaki) has some interesting content, even for us that are in a totally different industry, like:

No comments: