Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Today I begin teaching Creating, Managing & Preserving Digital Assets

Yes, today the semester officially starts, although some students have been online since last week. The class I'm teaching at Syracuse University is IST 677: Creating, Managing and Preserving Digital Assets. I began this class a couple years ago and now it is taught by several people. This semester I retooled the syllabus to "kick it up a notch" (as Emeril Lagasse would say).

By the way, last year I asked for input on what people were teaching about digitization and got great input. Thank you! It helped to see how others are approaching the topic.

The class will be blogging, starting on Jan. 30. I'll let you know when that blog is ready for your eyes, so you can see what the students have to say (and maybe give them some feedback).


Technorati tag:

No comments: