Tuesday, August 15, 2006

New at Digitization 101

Over the last few weeks, I have made changes to Digitization 101 and the content of the sidebar.

First, I added a linked to digitization-related books offered by Amazon.com. One book displays and it is not always the same book. I did this because there are many books being published that are related to digitization, most of which come and go without us knowing about them. So here is a gentle reminder of books that you might want to know about and perhaps might want to read.

Second, I added RSS Calendar, so I can better communicate my schedule. I wish I had known about this last spring, when "where?" was not easy to answer due to a hectic schedule. RSS Calendar is a cool RSS tool that can be used in a number of situations. Imagine using it to post your schedule of programs, classes, etc.?! Not only can the RSS Calendar appear on a web site, but people can also subscribe to the feed.

I'm sure there are other tools that will give similar functionality to RSS Calendar. It is not the "only game in town," but it seemed like a game worth trying.

So that is what's new. Take a look and feel free to give me feedback.

No comments: