Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Blog post: Does my Digital Archives need a Digital Repository System?

Peter Van Garderen (Achivematica) has written a long post entitled "Does my Digital Archives need a Digital Repository System?" He starts out by saying:
I have had this discussions with colleagues several times over the past couple of years. Somebody is getting ready to prototype a digital archives at their archival institution and the first question they ask is, “which open-source repository system should I use? Dspace? Fedora? Greenstone? Eprints? ”
However, as a system analyst, I believe “what are my requirements?” is the more appropriate question to ask before selecting technology and tools.
There are some interesting nuggets in his post. It's worth skimming.




Technorati tag:

No comments: