Monday, December 23, 2013

Blog post: Am I a Good Steward of My Own Digital Life?

Holiday decorations in Macy's (NYC)Reading this Library of Congress blog post, I am reminded that each year I vow to become a better digital steward of my materials.  And each year, I fail to get better.  Why can't I change?  First, the digital life is hidden.  I have to go find it, unlike the pile of photos sitting on the table.  Second, it will take significant mental work to decide how to organize it, and then sort through everything.  It'll be a solo operation and not like a family sorting through a box of photos, where everyone gets involved, even if just for a few moments.

I did make one small step this year, though.  I have setup file folders for my digital photos by year.  While I haven't completely reorganized my photos, I know that putting them into these big buckets will be a step in the right direction.  Maybe I'll get it done over the holidays?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great site and loads of info. Check up mine. Thanks
http://www.nationalvideo.com.au/challenges-in-audio-visual-digitization-and-digital-preservation